About AM Data Service, Inc.
We offer a flexible work environment with the ability to advance from within. We offer a matching retirement plan, several health insurance options, dental and vision plans with competitive deductibles. We also offer flexible spending accounts for health care and child care.
To apply for an open position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Call 734-744-5300 for more information. AM Data Service is located in Livonia, Mich., a Detroit suburb. Learn more about us: https://www.amdataservice.com/.
Job Title: Tier 2 IT Support Technician
AM Data Service is an IT consulting company that supports and manages network environments, workstations, and servers for our growing list of clients. We are currently seeking a Technical Support professional for a full-time position as a Tier 2 IT Support Technician. A Tier 2 IT Support Technician is responsible for providing technical support for Microsoft Azure, desktop, and network environments. This support will include workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software. The position requires daily customer interaction and documentation of efforts.
IT Support Technicians must be diligent self-starters who can simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent troubleshooting skills and the patience to communicate with customers who have little computer knowledge. The winning candidate must behave professionally and confidently engage with customers via phone and in person.
- Deploy and manage Microsoft Azure and associated services
- IT Support relating to common technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications (MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Support Backup Solutions and Processes
- Technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, firewalls, and security
- Applications support, including installing, configuring, migrating, and troubleshooting applications and third-party line of business applications
- Malware, spam, and antivirus support on desktops and remediation of issues when applicable
- Remote access solutions implementation: examples include VPN and terminal services, OWA, and remote web workplace
- Monitor remote management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- Systems documentation maintenance and review
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or outages, and proactively interacting with clients before, during, and after service requests
- Fluency with Microsoft Azure
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Proven experience as a system technician
- Knowledge of firewalls, switches, and other mainstream solutions
- Fluency with NAT, SNAT, and PAT
- Experience migrating to Exchange Online
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience administering Hyper-V, VMware, and Azure
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
Job Title: Sr. Systems Engineer
This is a critical IT Infrastructure function, so the candidate must have experience in virtual environments, multi-tenant hosting, security, SANs and Windows core server software. As a Sr. Systems Engineer, you will be working on projects that improve the performance and capacity of our in-house virtualized environments and will help maintain and support customer environments. You will work closely with the executive team to help participate in setting the overall technical direction of our organization and work with the other technical resources on implementing that vision.
You must have strong communication and customer service skills and a demonstrated ability to manage expectations of clients. The ideal candidate must be able to work well within a team environment and have exceptional time management skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Compensation is based on experience. We offer a competitive base salary, discretionary bonus, IRA matching and excellent growth opportunities.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Currently we are seeking a Project Coordinator who will be in charge or customer projects, Helpdesk and support dispatch, as well as some general office management. The ideal candidate will possess a strong blend of IT, time management and customer service skills. The position does not require direct support of client IT infrastructure but does requires at least a working knowledge of computer network components and project management.
The Project Coordinator is an integral component of the Sales and Help Desk Team ensuring that the existing client base is well managed and informed. The Project Coordinator will regularly interface with many customers and internal technicians and will need to maintain a broad awareness of service tickets, employee/technician scheduling and timelines for milestones and deliverables.
This position requires strong organizational skills as well as strict attention to detail. A background in IT support is preferred. Candidate will be responsible for customer relationships, meetings and minutes, project and ticket scheduling, dispatch of support staff, management of project timelines and deliverables.
Offers a competitive base salary, discretionary bonus, IRA matching and excellent growth opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Working with remote users to provide intake support requests and assign according to severity and impact.
- Driven self-starter with ability to quickly understand and address customer needs and concerns.
- Assist in the preparing, maintaining of updating procedures for logging, reporting of support desk hours and service tickets.
- Work with various customers in a variety of different market verticals.
- Regularly meet with customers to coordinate open projects and tickets
- Excellent time management and discretion when determining priority.
Completion of a Bachelor’s or Associates degree with major course work in MIS, CS, EE, Telecommunications, Business, or like discipline or comparable work experience within a help desk, customer service or managerial role.
Minimum of 2 years experience in Customer Service or comparable customer facing field.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and have experience with requirements gathering and documentation processes (meeting notes, project plan, etc).
Able to demonstrate strong organizational skills and possess a keen ability to document and present documented information in a clear and articulate manner to both the internal team resources and customer stakeholders.
Must be self-motivated and able to work well with clients, staff and coordinate with outside consultants
Compensation is based on experience.
Job Title: Proposal Writer
The Proposal Writer prepares a cohesive and comprehensive response to requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs). In preparing the RFP response, the Proposal Writer collaborates with leadership across all Company business lines to gather information to prepare an accurate proposal response. The Proposal Writer must feel comfortable writing and gathering information, creating drafts, determining the proposal concept and win strategy, and obtaining approvals. Strong coordination and planning skills are necessary, in addition to being deadline and detail-oriented.
This position works with limited direct supervision and with a high degree of discretion and independent judgment in work prioritization, issue resolution and managing the request for proposal process.
- Proposal response creation, writing and coordination, which includes:
- Reviewing incoming requests for proposals (RFP) and requests for information (RFI)
- Scanning websites for new and relevant requests
- Developing content and responses
- Printing and producing the proposal in hard copy and electronic formats, often with limited time constraints, and ensuring the proposal is delivered to the entity on or before the required date and time
- Organizing complex materials according to requirements and specifications
- Researching technical information, rules and regulations and compliance requirements
- Tracking bid activity
- Exercising discretion and independent judgment in reviewing requests for proposals, identifying timeline and course of action for creating a final proposal.
- Updating and maintaining proposal response database.
- Setting up and preparing for proposal and pricing strategy calls.
- Translating all discussion and communication related to the proposal into sophisticated, functional material that can be utilized within the proposal.
- Responding to RFP protests and requests for follow-up information.
- Supporting development of sales presentations, finalist presentations and associated printed hard copy materials for presentations.
- Supporting the overall marketing and business development efforts.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree or equivalent experience
- 1 – 3 years proposal writing experience or equivalent work experience
- Experience in developing sales and marketing material
- Proven track record of proposal wins translating into direct revenue for the Company
- In-depth understanding of the request for proposal (RFP) process
Compensation is based on experience.