About AM Data Service, Inc.
We offer a comfortable work environment with the ability to advance from within. We offer a matching retirement plan, Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO health plan, dental and vision plans with competitive deductibles. We also offer flexible spending accounts for health care and child care.
We have fun in our updated office. Forget the white board...at AM Data Service, we write our ideas on the blue, orange, and green walls. We compete in staff ping pong and pool tournaments and we have a state-of-the-art Latte Lounge!
To apply for an open position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 734-744-5300 for more information.
Job Title: Proposal Writer
The Proposal Writer prepares a cohesive and comprehensive response to requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs). In preparing the RFP response, the Proposal Writer collaborates with leadership across all Company business lines to gather information to prepare an accurate proposal response. The Proposal Writer must feel comfortable writing and gathering information, creating drafts, determining the proposal concept and win strategy, and obtaining approvals. Strong coordination and planning skills are necessary, in addition to being deadline and detail-oriented.
This position works with limited direct supervision and with a high degree of discretion and independent judgment in work prioritization, issue resolution and managing the request for proposal process.
- Proposal response creation, writing and coordination, which includes:
- Reviewing incoming requests for proposals (RFP) and requests for information (RFI)
- Scanning websites for new and relevant requests
- Developing content and responses
- Printing and producing the proposal in hard copy and electronic formats, often with limited time constraints, and ensuring the proposal is delivered to the entity on or before the required date and time
- Organizing complex materials according to requirements and specifications
- Researching technical information, rules and regulations and compliance requirements
- Tracking bid activity
- Exercising discretion and independent judgment in reviewing requests for proposals, identifying timeline and course of action for creating a final proposal.
- Updating and maintaining proposal response database.
- Setting up and preparing for proposal and pricing strategy calls.
- Translating all discussion and communication related to the proposal into sophisticated, functional material that can be utilized within the proposal.
- Responding to RFP protests and requests for follow-up information.
- Supporting development of sales presentations, finalist presentations and associated printed hard copy materials for presentations.
- Supporting the overall marketing and business development efforts.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree or equivalent experience
- 1 – 3 years proposal writing experience or equivalent work experience
- Experience in developing sales and marketing material
- Proven track record of proposal wins translating into direct revenue for the Company
- In-depth understanding of the request for proposal (RFP) process
Compensation is based on experience.